Everyone is now turning to Twitter. Have you figured out the best time to be posting your content on Twitter for your intended audience? This is important otherwise your posts will be just another bunch of information among the millions of tweets.
To get to the best posting procedures, you need to understand that Twitter is a free social networking microblogging service that allows registered members to broadcast short posts called tweets.
Tweets, which may include hyperlinks, are limited to 280 characters, due to the constraints of Twitter’s Short Message Service (SMS) delivery system. Because tweets can be delivered to followers in real-time, they might seem like instant messages to the novice user. But unlike IMs that disappear when the user closes the application, tweets are also posted on the Twitter website. They are permanent, they are searchable and they are public. Anyone can search tweets on Twitter, whether they are a member or not.
Statistics about the use of twitter
- 330 million monthly active users
- 145 million daily active users on Twitter.
- 63 percent of all Twitter users worldwide are between 35 and 65.
- 75 percent of B2B businesses market their products and/or services on Twitter.
- 500 million tweets are sent out per day.
- Average time spent on Twitter clocks in at 39 minutes per session
- 7 million App Store downloads of the Twitter app in the first quarter of 2019.
- 77 percent of Twitter users have a better impression of a brand when they respond to a tweet.
- 5,787 tweets are sent out per second.
- The average Twitter user follows just five brands.
- 66 percent of Twitter users worldwide are male compared to just 34 percent of females.
Like many sites today, people can access Twitter on both mobile devices and computers, which caters to locational flexibility. How it’s used also depends heavily on the audience but people often treat it like an RSS feed that is a computer file format which allows users to access updates to websites in a standardized, computer-readable format, and something to read during downtimes in their day, like commutes, work breaks, and so on.
Tweeting in the time when followers are not connected seems more like wasting efforts because if it’s done in the time when nobody is active then tweets will disappear. It’s always good to post in the time when your followers are connected this can be done by self-discovery of when followers are active and following the time recommended by several studies.
The best times to post on twitter for engagements vary in relation to the days depending on when are most of your followers are active and most engaged.
- Monday at 8 am-10 am, 12pm-1pm, 4pm-6 pm
- Tuesday 7 am- 10 am-1pm, 4pm-6pm
- Wednesday 8 am-10 am, 4 pm-6 pm
- Thursday 8 am, 9 am, 10 am, 4 pm- 6 pm
- Friday 8 am-11 am, 4 pm -6 pm
- Saturday and Sunday get the least engagement from 6 pm,10 pm -4 am and 5 pm
On average the best time to tweet is around 8 to 10 am and 8 pm in the, especially during weekdays and this, makes sense for a business that is looking for optimum engagement and impressions.
As you can see from the image above, weekends promise less engagement than weekdays, so it’s not the best idea to post on Saturdays and Sundays.
However, there are some tools that can help you find the best time to tweet like Metricool, self-discovery of when your followers are active. This will help to maximize the performance of your tweets as well as optimizing the publication of your business content.
The more posts on Twitter at the given times are most definitely going to guarantee more engagement, but it also is advised to make a few trials within the other time frames to see the performance of the tweets. With this method, you will learn if the tool you are using to schedule your content and other studies is right or not.
Measure your results
Spending time finding out when is the best time to post for you without measuring your results may not be productive as such. Measuring results include; knowing how many retweets, favorites or clicks did your content receive? This is one of the most important tasks that is lacking and so the Social Media Manager must face because it’s critical.
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel for News and Shows on Tech and Business in Africa https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2GHNQ69dtHScOcC2ngqJw
Subscribe to newsletter: HERE