You have probably read somewhere in your research that involving search engine optimization, you are going to need SEO software to help you monitor your online traffic and growth. Well, that is more than true.
SEO software helps companies manage their search engine optimization with many items from backlinks and rank tracking, keyword research, social analytics, and website auditing tools.
There is SEO software that can help do seamless website optimization based on which tools applied within and the goals. The seo tools can assist with backlinks, search rankings, keyword research.
SEO Software to use for your business
1. Google Websmaster Tools
According to 99 Firms, an average internet user conducts between 3 and 4 Google searches per day. This is another indirect way to figure out how many people use Google Search globally. With close to 7 billion searches handled on average by Google in a day, the number of people using Google on a daily basis comes to roughly 1.7 billion.
Google Webmaster Tools is a free set of SEO tools that can help you can better understand what Google is looking to find on your website.
Google Webmaster Tools (GWT) needs you to, first of all, set an account, which is free by the way. They can go on to help you identify malware within your site if any.
Below are the basic benefits of GWT’s:
- Access to search statistics on Google
- Latest data regarding external links and internal links
- Sends notification if your site has any crawl errors (misdirecting) and/or malware (spam, viruses, etc)
- Shows the keywords you are targeting and how effective they are
- Insights into scanning/crawling and indexing activity on the site
The “Traffic” tab of the GWT’s also allows you to access your link information. Inbound and internal links are the best thing to do with any SEO software.
- Inbound/External Links – These are basically links from somebody else’s website to yours. The higher the quality, the better for you. You need sites with good ranking linking from their end to your site, the different pages on your site.
- Internal Links – An internal link is one that points to another page on the same website. The more links that point to a particular page, Google sees that as the page having a perceived value. Internal links help facilitate the movement of your visitor through your site.
Read More: Google Webmaster Tools – An Overview
Founded in 2010, Ahrefs is an SEO software trusted by many as the ultimate toolset for SEO, powered by industry-leading data.
Ahrefs crawls the web, stores tons of data and makes it easily accessible via a simple user interface. The data can be used to aid keyword research, link building, content marketing, competition monitoring. There are a handful of tools that Ahrefs can power you with:
- Keyword research: (We will dive deep into it in a moment)
- Find search traffic of any website
- Keyword gap tool
- Backlink gap tool
- Backlink profiling tool
- Internal link audit
- Site SEO audit (Cloud-based)
- Disavow tool
- Content Explorer
They do have a free trial so here it is Ahrefs Free Trial. Simply visit their homepage and click on “Start Free Trial” so you can start trying this tool out for yourself.
Ahrefs have an interesting dashboard in case you sign up for any campaigns and here is a breakdown according to SEO-Hacker:
- Ahrefs Rank – This is the rank of your website based on the size and quality of your backlink profile. This changes constantly because websites regularly improve their backlink profile, and if you do not compete with your own backlink profile, then you will lose out on your Ahrefs rankings.
- Domain Rating (DR) – This is a scale that shows your website’s total backlink profile strength. This is measured from 1 to 100, so the higher your DR is, the better
- URL Rating – This is similar to the Domain Rating, but the only difference is that it measures a single URL’s backlink profile strength and its possibility to rank high in the Google SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages)
- Backlinks – It shows the total number of backlinks that are pointing to a specific website, and in this case, the client or our website.
- Referring Domains – Similar to the backlinks data, it shows the number of domains that point to a specific website or URL
- Organic Keywords – It shows a number of keywords the website ranks for in the top 100 search results – regardless of the location.
- Targeted Keywords – This is the section that shows the performance of your targeted keywords over a specific timeframe.
Ahrefs has an overview section where you can find everything you need to know about your website. It’s complete with numbers, graphs, and anything you need to see regarding the changes happening to your website. As an SEO professional, you need to be capable of adapting your SEO campaign on the spot. And with the data provided by Ahrefs, you’ll immediately know what to do to improve your site’s performance.
The best part about the overview – even Ahrefs as a whole – is that they constantly update the data that they display. It is an amazing SEO software, and many consider it the best.
Read: Ahrefs Pricing
Moz is a leading SEO software with both basic and advanced research tools to improve your search engine optimization experience on your site. Moz SEO tools range from keyword research tools, keyword generator, and link analysis that gives detailed data on your inbound links and link quality.
Moz provides a vast selection of research tools. Moz goes ahead to even provide tutorials for the features you are trying to explore to improve your SEO experience.
Basically, Moz brings the top SEO tools under one roof and provides users with the resources and knowledge needed to use them and optimize their website. It is an ideal app that small businesses can use to attract traffic to their website. At the same time, you are not expected to pay enormous amounts to get a grasp on its functionality – the pricing scheme is flexible, to say at least, and offers plans for businesses from all scales.
Overview of Moz Features
- Advanced online marketing guides
- Beta access to new tools
- Competitive analysis
- Comprehensive Q&A database
- Continual improvement
- Discounts on Moz seminars
- Keyword difficulty
- Moz toolbar
- On-Page recommendations
- Open Site Explorer
- PRO Q&A forum
- PRO training webinars
- Weekly crawls and rank tracking
- World’s largest SEO community
Read: Moz Pricing Plans
SEMrush is a toolbox for any marketing professional, business, and more. It is more than just SEO Software as it covers PPC, Marketing, and PR. More than that, their features provide users with tools to help them to traverse the ever-shifting social media landscape.
At the same time, it also gives you insight into how your site is doing SEO-wise, and how to improve on it. Moreso, it allows for better team efficiency through a shared editorial calendar to ensure tasks are on schedule.
A must for any marketing professional, SEMrush is more than just a tool to assess your own digital marketing campaigns. It also presents users with useful data to adapt to your market’s behavior. It provides an overview of your target market, helps with leads to expand your reach, and even suggests trending topics to keep audience engagement.
Taking all those features together, SEMrush is a very powerful set of tools. Businesses can use it to create more efficient campaigns or even improve their current online marketing efforts.
Overview of SEMrush Features
- Organic Research
- Advertising Research
- Display Advertising Tool
- KW research
- Product Listing Ads
- Traffic Analysis
- Market Explorer
- KW Difficulty
- Domain VS Domain
- My Reports
- KW Magic tool
- CPC Map
- SEO Writing Assistant
- Position Tracking
- Site Audit
- Social Media Tracker
- Social Media Poster
- Brand Monitoring
- OnPage SEO Checker
- Backlink Audit Tool
- Organic Traffic Insights
- Content Analyzer
- PPC KW tool
- Ad Builder
Read: SEMRush Pricing
Yoast is one of those companies which experienced exponential growth in the past few years, increasing the size of the company to an experienced team of 30 individuals. Team Yoast works to optimize websites by making them user-friendly and more usable. With the use of the right techniques, a website becomes search engine optimization friendly.
Yoast is an amazing platform that makes your online appearance prominent and helps your website to stand out in the tough online competition. It offers plugins to add new functionalities to CMS based websites, SEO services to every individual who wants a powerful appearance over the world wide web and troubleshooting through its written content to help people out of the common technical issues. All of this is achieved with the assistance of a highly professional and skilled team working for Yoast.
Review – Yoast software 2020
Overview of Yoast Features
- Dev blog
- WordPress Plugins
- SEO blog Analytics
- Content SEO
- Technical SEO
- Website review
- Gold SEO review
- Platinum SEO review
There is a range of products on the Yoast Shop.
Speaking frankly, there is no perfect SEO Software. Each user has a specific SEO tool they prefer because it satisfies a certain need or because it is wise as regards the budget. But, there are factors that have to cut across – from keyword research and suggestions, and link analyses – both internal and external links.
At MonkeyPesa, we are working out the perfect digital marketing solution for your business and for more updates on the product, SUBSCRIBE HERE.
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel for News and Shows on Tech and Business in Africa https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2GHNQ69dtHScOcC2ngqJw
Subscribe to newsletter: HERE