A sales management system is an IT system used to enhance sales. A sales management system helps manage every step of the sales process from the time a lead comes into the time the invoice is issued. They in most cases rely on pipeline as a conduit to knowing where in the sales life cycle a customer is.
Sales management systems work better hand in hand with CRM‘s. The 2 combined makeup sales management CRM’s. They bring the power of sales systems hand in hand with customer relationship management. What this does is create a synchronization between data pertaining to a given customer
Understanding modern day Sales
Modern-day sales have evolved. This is so because of advancements in technology and communication channels. Your customers are using several channels to communicate, from things like Messenger, Whatsapp, WeChat, Yandex, phone calls, emails and so much more. For your business to scale globally, you must be in a position to put your brand wherever your customers are.
The sales process
Most sales processes include 5-8 steps but could vary from company to company. Most companies have the following sales processes
- Prospecting: Once a lead has come in from any channel, the job of the salesperson starts at that point. Prospecting means determining whether a customer actually needs your services or products.
- Preparation (Initial contact): At this stage, the salesperson begins preparing the information about the product or services. This may be via a phone call, email or through social media. During this first interaction, the goal is for your team members to gather key information to determine if leads are a good match for your product or service.
- Assessing Need: At this stage, the customer is asked several questions to determine if the client actually has the budget or is the right person within the company. Refer to this video for the sales questions asked here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAD8tBesAd0
- Sales pitch: This is the Demo for your product or service. At this phase it is prudent you share your value proposition as clearly as possible.
- Proposal: A proposal is then sent in to your prospective client